9.23.2008

Dreaming a Harmless Lunch and Blood Splatter?


Let me say that I stay having strange dreams... messed up, odd, scary, strange ass dreams. I don't have to have anything on my mind to dream them I don't have to eat anything questionable before bed...nothing at all seems to make them come, or go. Well wait that isn't completely true. Stress makes them way more vivid...hence the one I am about to share with you...

A bit more background is that people tend to die in my dreams...yea I know that is not good but it DOES happen. Usually it is my friend D that causes the killing to take place. Then I have to grab the trash bags, cleaner, black light and luminol to make sure that no one gets caught.

This time it's on me...In my defense...it was her gun, ok that doesn't help but it WAS....


D and I found ourselves in Australia. Apparently we were there because our schedules just happened to work out that way. We were rich and well off though. We were walking down a street in a residential neighborhood when a kangaroo began to chase us. It was about 8 ft tall...seriously, and evil too...frothing at the mouth. So we ran until it chased into an alley and we went into a yard and then into the back door of a house.

We thought we'd be safe but the kangaroo could open doors. We opened the front door and hid in a bathroom and the kangaroo went out of the front door and went away. We were scared and sweaty from running and D needed to wash her face. She started touching stuff in the kitchen and grabbed some grapes and I started wiping off door handles and wall switches. I was very concerned with finger prints.

We were watching to make sure the kangaroo was gone and were about two seconds from walking out of the house when the owners came in. They were naturally curious as to who we were and why we found ourselves in their home. They were really mad. We both tried to explain but they wouldn't listen. They called the police asking them about laws and Interpol trying to report us. One minute they seemed to get that we weren't there to hurt them or steal and then the next minute they were ranting and raving about how we weren't going to get away with it. They just wouldn't believe us.

D had a huge silver gun in her purse...a 45. (Told you it was hers) I took it, told her to wait by the front door. Her job was to keep watch for the kangaroo and anyone else. With gun the concealed I asked them again to understand. I even showed them were the kangaroo had shit in the house. They recognized it as kangaroo dung but still they decided to press charges. I told them that I was truly disappointed in their choice and found them annoying.
So I shot them both in the head point blank, perfect precision and timing. 2 shots a piece.
The wife's head flew back emptying on the wall and counter. Husband I don't recall, but knew he was shot.

I calmly walked to the front door where D was still eating grapes. I handed her the gun back
she handed me some grapes and said, Dude, they wouldn't listen, there wasn't another choice.
We calmly walked down the front steps and went on to ...whatever.

Now there is a joke here. I told D about this crazy dream yesterday. She had called me on her lunch break and just happened to be walking into Subway when she uttered the words, "So you just grabbed the gun and shot them?"....I should mention that D lives in Philly...aka the City Of Brotherly Love...aka Eagle ville...aka KILL A DELPHIA....so naturally she was met with quite a few stares. She baked out for a moment and we both had a healthy laugh. I told her that she should have told them to, Mind their's before they got some of the same...but I am sure that would have cause some sort of issue with cops and homicide.

The homicide rate in Kill a del is one of the highest in the country. I think that is part of the reason shows like this and dreams like this don't phase me anymore. Art is imitating life and life is imitating art and people are dying and pretending to dying on the big and small screen. We are becoming largely desensitized and it is scary. Think back what was acceptable when you were a child and think about what is available for entertainment now...scary huh...

No comments: