11.09.2011

Today's WTF News Story...

Now I had a lot to think about as I drove into work today. There's still the crisis overseas, proverty, Dems did well in yesterday's election, gas prices, the guy who was driving 10 miles inder the speed limit, and the untimely death of Heavy D. *insert sad face here* All very interesting topics, but the one thing that I saw that burned me up was one simple new article tucked into the corner of my entertainment section. "Duggars Expecting AGAIN"

Again...this baby 20 for her...20! Most people figure that they will have 2, maybe 3, even 4, 4 I could make sense of; but 20!? Granted I don't have to make sense of anything, this is their choice. They claim that she's healthy and there is no risk(even though their last baby almost died) ,but both logically and biologically speaking there is a massive risk. I am just uncertain as to why someone would continue to put their body through all of that. Willingly, I think, I mean I dunno what Mr. and Mrs, Duggar do at home with their tribe...

I hear you, I hear you they LOVE children. Uh huh, well there are thousand upon thousands of children in each state of this country needing good homes, safe loving, caring homes. The Duggars claim that that is the type of home they have, then why not adopt? They are faithful, God fearing, loving people, right? So why not adopt? People with less money have done it. Think about it, logically...they could have had 10 of their own and 10 that they adopted and loved them all the same and named them all of the "J' names in the world. After all Joesph adopted Jesus, first documented foster father, AND they gave him a "J" name!! There you go...who better to model themselves after?

Speaking of the names, what of the other children? Are they enjoying their childhood, or have they been laiden with responsibility beyond their years? Are they getting to enjoy time as individuals? Can they truly become individuals when there are so many people in one home?

Now I don't mean to judge them quite so harshly; and as I stated before, essentially this is their business so it doesn't have to make sense to me. I just feel the need to talk abou things that I don't understand. And Duggars...I don't get you.

*wonders how many more "J" names there are*

No comments: