2.18.2013

Writers IN Development...

The thing that I love the most about the graduate program I did, was getting to know the writers. I just spent the weekend celebrating with a few of these precious jewels and it made me...very happy. Hearing them talk about things that have plagued and will plague me for years to come made me feel better. Normal. I felt, 'ok' for the neurotic stages of creating that I endured and will endure. As these in person trysts are too few and too far in between, these wonderful conversations typically happen via text or social media, which, I might add, gives so much more weight to these words. They are made tangible; I have something to refer back to, and I just love that.

(Writers collect words, bathe in them, and ingest them frequently)

We understand why we want to hold on to what we create as much as we want to send it out into the world. We get why success, fear, hope, depression; two reasons for tears are standard along this journey. We all get why creating in any capacity is as necessary as the last breath you took. We are constantly in development, in growth and in various states of change. 

(Writing changes with each thought, each year, or each life event)

Fostering these relationships and letting my writer's spirit continue to grow and feel is...well, everything to me. I never go a day without that development, and it is nice to know that the close group of writers I know are all currently in development too. We have this community full of dusty first drafts, words, and books AND ideas...so many ideas.

( I know so many brilliant writers in development)

No comments: