4.06.2013

Thinkin' While I Drive...

Note: I was in the car when I recorded all of this digitally. I played it back, and for the most part what I said is what is written. Just a rant or so to speak.

When I am driving I usually take the time and think through things. I play mental leap frog in my mind going from one thing to another. Some people have a lot of things on their minds and I tend to be one of those people. Let me tell you how my brain works, before I have have one think about one thing I am thinking two thinks about something else, most of the time I can hardy catch up with myself. Some people call it depression, some people call it over active brain, sometimes it gives me insomnia, some people call it intelligence I just say I got things on my mind.

Typically these things are a medley of what I have recently observed, or they are things that have happened to me directly. Some thoughts are recent...others are from a distant and far off place in my memory. Either way here are a couple of things that I am thinkin' about while I drive.

First thing. Do not diminish your own accomplishments. Many times things happen, good things and we say well, eh, this is ok but blah, blah, blah...stop the butt shit. Just enjoy what you've done. I am not saying that you should be overly conceded, however, it would behoove you to just enjoy what you've done. Is there any reason why you can't? And if you find that you can't sit back and enjoy, then you have a problem and it is time to start researching that. When someone else has done well, let them do well. Praise them for it, and then make it your business to start doing well too. Each and every person walking on this beautiful earth has been through their own share of shit. What you must do is climb out of that. Don't carry unnecessary baggage and hang ups. Dust your shoulders off, and start working it all out. Do not stay below where you were yesterday. It doesn't have to be hard. It can be, but you can accomplish it.

Second thing. When someone does something nice for you, or is there to encourage you, or is there to help you, there is something that you should do. You should say thank you. However you choose to do it is up to you, but it is imperative that you say thank you. There is nothing wrong with saying. thank you. This would be fore something as simple as, "Oh you held the door open for me so that I didn't drop my coffee", or something complex as, "Oh you are giving me a kidney so that I can live". If you have a difficult time with this concept, then you should live by yourself in a little house in the middle of nowhere,  away from people, and don't talk to anybody. We're all human beings on this earth and we should all make a decent effort at getting along, or at least not being rude. It's the rudeness that is getting to me. I think that common courtesy, decency, and simple politeness has really gone out the window. Perhaps it is where we are with social media and the the separation that we have with ourselves. I recall this concept becoming apparent in 100 Years of Solitude where the characters were so far away from the human connection that the death of a baby meant virtually nothing. It was not considered an important event at all. I feel much the same way when pictures of murder victims flash across my screen during the evening news. It is nearly as seeing some trash blow down the street, it means nothing. And even that trash should mean something, but it doesn't. There is a disconnect, it starts with the small things that we don't even notice and bleeds out into the aforementioned cancerous behavior. I say all that to say...the next time someone does something for you, no matter how small...say thank you. Turn to them, smile and genuinely say, thank you.

Third thing. Roses always come with thorns. Let me explain what I mean by this. If there is something in life that you really want, if you think it is going to come easy then you have anything think coming, or you shouldn't really want that thing if it is that easy to obtain it's not really worth having. Roses always come with thorns. You can't get through life expecting a cake walk. If something is happening in your world, and you are looking at it and you are thinking, "Wow this is really hard"...look toward your end result. Isn't there something that you want to come out of it all? I have been through enough to be an authority in this if nothing else...nothing is easy, if you want something you have to work for it. Everything worth having is worth working for. Assess what is important to you and figure out the best way to get it done, and accept from the inception that it is not going to be an easy road. It might not be well traveled, it might need a lot more work than you initially thought, but if you want that end result, suffer through it. Roses always come with thorns.

Fourth thing. One of the worst things someone can do to another someone is to ignore them. I'd rather be yelled at if you're angry, hugged if you missed me, kissed if you love me. To ignore someone is to say, "I don't even care enough to recall that you exist. I don't care enough to treat you like a human being. You don't matter enough to be treated one way, or the other". I am erasing who you were to me, since that's who I mourn. I mourn who you were and not the who that you actually are. I don't wish to know the person that you actually are. That person is horrible, that person has a bad memory, that person forgot to remember that I matter too.

Anyways....those are just a few of the things on my mind, taking a drive through the country and contemplating what people have said, and what I have read. Essentially, I suppose that this is a rant, or could be called one. Truly, they are just some thoughts I recorded.

No comments: