8.07.2008


I Was Spared...Why Again?

Alright I was just in Vegas for a friend's mother's wedding...so cute and lovely and a side bar to the point of this blog. I had to quickly shout them out first though. Secondly, ANYONE who loves dance like I do and who watched even one dance number from So You Think You Can Dance this past season may have felt mixed feelings as I and my friend Dee. (Her blog link is to the right) Now I'll get to that more in a moment.... But before I do... HUGE Congrats goes out to Joshua who took the top prize tonight...

OK Now that house keeping is done let's address the topic at hand. My time in Vegas was great my return flight was a mess...

I was asleep (fell asleep watching Kung Fu Panda... Skadoosh) and I was jolted awake. The shaking continued on and got very hard and then tampered off a bit. Everyone was kinda scared and the Capt just said that there was a storm we flew over. We breathed sighs of relief and the seatbelt sign went off and things seemed to settle down.
Alright maybe 15-20 minutes later the same thing happened again. Everything around me was shaking, and doing so rather violently. I looked out side and the wing was wobbling badly. So I looked away from it cause it was freaking me out. The seatbelt sign came back on. It stayed on and the shaking was continuous for 10-15 mins straight, no break. Both myself and the woman next to me gripped our seats and sucked back our breaths.
Now keep in mind there was still another 60-90 mins of flight time left plus the landing. So I put my music back on took some deep breaths and just tried to stay calm. My heart was racing and I never wanted to get up and run away so badly in my life. It clearly came to me that something was wrong with the plane when it started to violent shake again and there was NO storm and only clear blue sky. Then the Cap announced that he was leaving the seatbelt
on and really suggested that everyone stay in their seats. The shaking got worse and worse and then the plane felt like it was going to fall out of the sky...like when you go over a hill when driving and your stomach drops but MUCH worse. I got instantly light headed. Everyone was terrified by now.
With about 30-45 mins left Cap says there will be no more anything...stay seated, flight crew included. Then the announcement was made that IN the event of an Emergency Landing we were to follow directions and leave EVERYTHING behind. The plane shakes violently again and longer and tipped slightly to one side and I got dizzy and the lady next to me grabbed her chest. I rubbed her back and told her it was going to be ok...and honestly I wasn't sure if it was going to be. I was praying and hoping and thinking but to be honest I was extremely afraid. If I thought I could have jumped out of the plane and made it I would have. I just wanted off the plane. It dipped again and shook HARD it shook all through out the landing. The plane went side to side and up and down as it came down and I was so afraid. I just kept thinking I wanted to tell people stuff then it dipped again and I got dizzy again...I kept trying to breathe and relax. I couldn't have music on cause you can't during the last 10mins and the landing...it was terrible I could hear everything...so I closed me eyes. Squeezed them tight until we hit the strip... once we landed and after the Cap told us that the people who were supposed to stay on the plane and go on to Orlando would have to exit the plane too cause it was going to be grounded. I tried pushing my thoughts to relaxing getting something to eat and not thinking about the next flight since I had to get on it... But as I walked THANKFULLY around Dulles airport I thought shit I really could've died...and things are just a mess I have to work harder.

Watching the people on SYTYCD really reminded me to go for things that I want and not to waste time...cause it isn't promised to anyone and I could have died then. I'm here for some reason so I might as well get going.




No comments: